A few more notes about the idea…
– it’s a good idea to do a simple case study of an indie film and how they went about making it, funding it, getting it in front of people, etc. – to get some inspiration for mine.
– also with the case study, it would be good to make an analysis of a film in a similar style, discussing the visual treatment, how they approached the story, etc. So I’m not creating in a vacuum.
– there’s some old sound and photo equipment in my home in Bulgaria, left from my father, that no one is using and that have antique value – I could sell them to help fund the project.
– Ólafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm (creating in digital, publishing through a small indie label & using social networks to attract listeners) have a concert in London in October – might be a good idea to interview one of them?
– Anitek’s music – used in Audi commercials, signed with Korean label
– Ask the question / find out if people use 100 % samples, or they also compose / record some of the music?
– More questions to ask: How do you create a track? Get them to talk / walk me through the process.
– Where do netlabelists hang out? Possible answer and definition of netlabels here: http://archive.org/details/netlabels